Dedicated to zero injuries in the workplace and financially assisting families who have been affected by a life changing workplace injury.
About The MICCS Foundation:
The vision of The MICCS Foundation (a charitable component of the Metro Indianapolis Coalition for Construction Safety, Inc. ("MICCS"), an Internal Revenue Code 501 (c) (3) organization) is to provide financial assistance to individuals or families affected by a construction or facilities maintenance related incident or loss of life beyond that of worker’s compensation, other insurance, or settlements. A workplace injury can quickly and tragically change lives in seconds and The MICCS Foundation was created to ease the burden and allow families to begin healing in the most difficult of times.
- The Foundation will follow in the footsteps and support of the Metro Indianapolis Coalition for Construction Safety, Inc.’s efforts in the advocacy of workplace safety and the elimination of workplace injuries – the ultimate goal of this foundation is to be left with no more to do.
- The Foundation recognizes that human error plays a role in workplace incidents, that everyone is human, and the beneficiaries should be respected as such.
- The Foundation will maximize each gift’s impact by requesting and researching each beneficiary’s most urgent needs.
- The MICCS Foundation will primarily benefit employees of MICCS member companies (and their families).
Gifts Awarded to Families:
The MICCS Foundation allows flexibility on the gifts provided to beneficiaries to provide them with the assistance they most need. The foundation may set up a trust for children, may assist with paying a monthly rental or mortgage payment, or may provide money for food and clothing. The opportunities to help are endless, but the gifts are those things that fill a void in the beneficiary’s life. The MICCS Foundation will make awards in their discretion based upon information they receive. Until amended from time-to-time in the future, the maximum award which the MICCS Foundation may grant will generally be $500 per recipient.
In support of the MICCS mission, The MICCS Foundation will primarily benefit employees of MICCS member companies (and their families).
How does the foundation focus gifts?
- Is the beneficiary employed by a MICCS member company?
- Who is most in need of urgent assistance?
- What are their most urgent needs?
Application/Nomination Process (Attached):
Any person from any MICCS member company (including the possible beneficiary or a family member of the possible beneficiary) may submit an application to MICCS using the current MICCS Foundation application form. The application process has no deadline as it is an ongoing program.
Schedule/Timeline for Receiving Gifts:
The MICCS Foundation will provide gifts on an ongoing basis as the foundation is able to do given sufficient levels of funding. Because unfortunate incidents can occur at any moment, the foundation is flexible in when and how gifts are awarded. The MICCS Foundation Committee will review an application that is submitted within 10 days of receipt and will act promptly on the request by notifying the person of the receipt of the application.
During the review process that ensues after initial notification, several contacts may need to be made in order to better understand the situation and how best for the foundation to assist. The foundation is committed to prompt action, and will do everything in its power to evaluate the application in a timely manner.
Questions? Email Marcy Watson at email@example.com