"Substance Abuse Program - More than a MICCS Card"
Thursday, January 22, 2015
7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
(8802 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis)
Click here for Details and to Register
BMWC Constructors Wins Crystal Eagle!
BMWC Constructors with Guest Speaker Bill Polian
BMWC Constructors was the big winner at the 21st Annual MICCS Awards Celebration. The company won the coveted Excellence in Safety Crystal Eagle Award as well as two Outstanding Project Safety Awards. This is BMWC Constructors’ fourth Crystal Eagle.
BMWC, who was the Safety Leader for the GC Above 300,000 Man-hours category, was one of eight companies that vied to the coveted award. Other categories winners were:
- GC Below 300,000 Man-hours - Steinberger Construction
- Contractor Above 300,000 Man-hours - Gribbins Insulation
- Contractor Below 300,000 Man-hours - Blood Hound
- Owner/Facilities Maintenance - Central Indiana Alliance
- General Contractor/Developer - Shiel Sexton
- Residential Builder - Ryland Homes
- Residential Trade Partner - Weber Concrete
Three projects were recognized for outstanding safety with awards presented to both the owner and the submitting contractor. The Outstanding Project Safety Award Winners were:
- Eli Lilly K130 "Streamline" Project - owned by Eli Lilly and Company and nominated by BMWC Constructors
- Wellbrooke of Kokomo - The Center for Health and Wellness - owned by Mainstreet Property Group and nominated by Meyer Najem Construction
- Dow AgroSciences Building 314 Fermentation Development Lab - owned by DowAgroSciences and nominated by BMWC Constructors
The judges’ panel also recognized the I-65/I-70 South Split Hyperfix 2013 with a special recognition award for their unique project. The award was presented to the Indiana Department of Transportation as the owner and Milestone Contractors as the nominating contractor.
Scott Lollar, Safety Director for Poynter Sheet Metal, was honored with the Board of Directors Award for his many years of service to MICCS and construction safety. 42 Outstanding Craftspersons were honored along with 20 companies who were given Zero Injury Awards in recognition of having no recordable incidents in 2013. (For a complete list - see below.)
In addition to the awards, the nearly 700 attendees enjoyed hearing from guest speaker, Bill Polian, ESPN NFL analyst and former Vice Chairman of the Indianapolis Colts. Polian told some personal stories and discussed the similarities between construction and professional football.
It was a great evening to honor both companies and individuals for their outstanding commitment to safety and furthering the mission of MICCS to send workers home safety every day from construction and facilities maintenance jobsites.
The Metro Indianapolis Coalition for Construction Safety, Inc (MICCS) is dedicated to the elimination of construction and facilities maintenance jobsite injuries and illnesses with the ultimate objective of returning construction and maintenance workers home to their families, friends, and communities free from harm.
MICCS works to make our industry better. By volunteering, you are helping us to achieve that goal! Click here to look at the committees and volunteers that make up MICCS. MICCS is governed by a Board of Directors that represents every segment of the construction industry. Our members include construction companies, users of construction services ("owners"), design professionals and construction-affiliated organizations and companies.