Gribbins Insulation Wins Crystal Eagle!
Gribbins Insulation of Evansville was the big winner at the 20th MICCS Awards Banquet held last night at the Indiana Convention Center Sagamore Ballroom in downtown Indianapolis. Gribbins, a MICCS-IDOL Certified Partner and the Safety Leader Award winner in the Trade Partner Over 300,000 Man-hours category, was chosen from the five category safety leaders for the MICCS Excellence in Safety Award. They stood out as one judge said because "they are taking behavioral safety to another level."
The other category safety leaders were:
- Advanced Industrial Services (Trade Partner Below 300,000 Man-hours)
- BMW Constructors (General Contractor Above 300,000 Man-hours)
- Meyer Najem Construction (General Contractor Below 300,000 Man-hours)
- Dow AgroSciences (Owner/Facilities Maintenance)
Kevin Potter of Shiel Sexton Company was honored with the Board of Directors Award for his many years of service and dedication to MICCS. Nearly 40 craftspeople were honored as Outstanding Craftsperson and 18 companies were awarded the Zero Injury Award for having zero recordable incidents in 2012.
The panel of judges selected three projects for the Oustanding Project Safety Award. The award goes to the owner and contractor team of the project. This year's winners were:
- The Alexander Hotel - Buckingham Companies, Owner; Shiel Sexton Company, Contractor
- Parkview Regional Medical Center - Parkview Health, Owner; Weigand Construction/Pepper Construction Joint Venture, Contractors
- Riley Simon Family Tower Va.2 Sequence 1 - Indiana University Health, Owner; Messer Construction/Harmon Construction Joint Venture, Contractors
Watch for photos of the event to be posted soon!
The Metro Indianapolis Coalition for Construction Safety, Inc (MICCS) is dedicated to the elimination of construction and facilities maintenance jobsite injuries and illnesses with the ultimate objective of returning construction and maintenance workers home to their families, friends, and communities free from harm.
MICCS works to make our industry better. By volunteering, you are helping us to achieve that goal! Click here to look at the committees and volunteers that make up MICCS. MICCS is governed by a Board of Directors that represents every segment of the construction industry. Our members include construction companies, users of construction services ("owners"), design professionals and construction-affiliated organizations and companies.